Welcome To Burbank
Known as the “Media Capital of the World,” Burbank is a city within Los Angeles County--just a few miles north of Hollywood. Home to household names such as Warner Bros. Entertainment, The Walt Disney Company, Nickelodeon Animation Studios, Cartoon Network, and Insomniac Games, Burbank embodies the California Dream, making it a desirable destination for tourists and residents alike.
Are you a home buyer or real estate investor looking to purchase a home or property in sunny Burbank? The Fred Herrman Real Estate team can help you get the best deal on a house, condo, apartment, and more! Fred Herrman himself is a native and long-time resident of the Los Angeles area and has worked with Bill Toth’s team at First Class Real Estate in Burbank since 2010. With experience and expertise in the local market, Fred Herrman has also worked for Walt Disney Feature Animation and DreamWorks Animation, giving him first-hand knowledge about the thriving industry in Burbank.
When it comes to Burbank real estate, look no further than the Fred Herrman Real Estate team. We don’t just know the ins and outs of the real estate market but also everything you need to know about living in Burbank. Get a head start on finding your dream Burbank home or property today by calling 310.343.3219.
Burbank CA Real Estate & Homes For Sale
Burbank Homes & Real Estate
At Fred Herrman Real Estate we know the latest and greatest when it comes to the Burbank market, so we can help you find the house or property you’re looking for at the best value. Here are some quick numbers that should give potential Burbank home buyers and property owners a snapshot of the current market:
- 200+ homes on the market
- 29 new homes on the market
- 7 open houses
- Cool buyer’s market
- 50+ days on the market
Burbank Real Estate MLS Listings
Burbank Real Estate Market Trends
When it comes to real estate investment, are you wondering how affordable Burbank is, and if you can expect your property values to grow? Here is some key data that can provide insight concerning the Burbank real estate market in 2019 and beyond!
- Median Home Value: $829,400
- 2019 Growth Rate: 3.5%
- Predicted Growth Rate: 1.5%
- Median Home Price: $849,000
- Median Sale Price: $834,400
- Median List Price Per Square Foot: $546
- Median Rent Price: $3,200
- Foreclosure Rate: 0.0
- Mortgage Delinquency Rate: 0.3%
Fred Herrman Real Estate not only specializes in helping clients buy and sell their properties in Burbank, but also in surrounding areas in Los Angeles. We’ve included the average home values in nearby cities for comparison.
- Beverly Hills: $3,041,900
- La Canada Flintridge: $1,707,900
- South Pasadena: $1,195,300
- La Crescenta-Montrose: $830,700
- Glendale: $772,000
- Pasadena: $752,200
- West Hollywood: $731,900
- Los Angeles: $629,900
- San Fernando: $435,700
About Burbank, CA
Burbank is a city in Los Angeles County bordered at the foothills of the Verdugo Mountains and bordered by the San Fernando Valley. The city as we know it today was officially settled in the 1870s and 1880s. Since then, the city of Burbank has become known for its leadership in the manufacturing, aviation, and entertainment industries. Because of its proximity to Los Angeles and Hollywood, there is a plethora of attractions and activities for both visitors and residents. There’s something for everyone in Burbank!
Living In Burbank
Are you considering moving to Burbank? The city is not only family friendly but is also home to rich cultural history. With plenty of fun activities and places in the city and surrounding areas, as well as good weather all year round, Burbank can be the stage for your own personal California dream. At Fred Herrman Real Estate, we know Los Angeles County like the back of our hand, Burbank in particular. Our real estate professionals aim to secure a dream home that fits your lifestyle. Read on to learn more about life in Burbank, CA.
Parks & Recreation:
Did you know that Burbank is home to 41 public parks and facilities? The city also has a public golf course open to visitors and residents! Also there are plenty of trails within The Verdugo Mountainway. The trailhead starts at the top of Walnut Avenue and provides stunning views of the San Fernando Valley!
From the Burbank Town Center to IKEA and Universal Studio’s Citywalk, Burbank is home to unique boutiques and outlet malls. To learn more about all of the retail therapy Burbank has to offer, click here.
Restaurants & Dining:
Whether you’re craving a casual or fine dining experience, Burbank has a plethora of eateries to choose from for whatever type of cuisine you’re in the mood for. To see a full list of restaurants, click here.
Local Job Market & Economy:
Here are some helpful statistics in regard to Burbank’s local job market and industries.
- Unemployment Rate: 5.2%
- Recent Job Growth: 0.7%
- Future Job Growth: 31.8%
- Sales Tax: 9.5%
- Income Tax: 9.3%
- Income Per Capita: $37,767
- Agriculture: 0.1%
- Oil & Gas: 0.1%
- Construction: 3.6%
- Manufacturing: 8%
- Wholesale: 2.0%
- Retail: 8.7%
- Transportation: 3.0%
- Utilities: 0.5%
- Information Technology: 13.5%
- Finance & Insurance: 4.6%
- Real Estate & Property Management: 2.6%
- Science & Technology: 9.5%
- Administrative & Waste Management Services: 4.0%
- Education: 7.2%
- Healthcare & Social Services: 12.3%
- Arts, Entertainment, & Recreation: 6.1%
- Accommodation & Food Service: 5.2%
- Public Administration: 2.9%
- Miscellaneous/Other: 6.1%
Did you know that there are a total of 40 schools in the city of Burbank. Here are some of the top schools for each category.
- Theodore Roosevelt Elementary School
- Thomas Edison Elementary School
- Bret Harte Elementary School
- John Muir Middle School
- Burbank Unified Independent Learning
- David Starr Jordan Middle School
- Burbank High School
- Burroughs High School
- Burbank Unified Independent Learning
Burbank is known for its summer mediterranean climate with hot summers and classic warm California winters. Although the rainfall average is 17 inches, precipitation will vary from year to year--especially in drought seasons.The highest recorded temperature is 114 degrees Fahrenheit (2018) and the lowest is 22 degrees Fahrenheit (1978).
Here are some of the most popular Burbank neighborhoods for real estate investors and homebuyers!
- Magnolia Park
- Rancho Equestrian
- City Center
- South Kenneth Road / East Verdugo Avenue
- North Victory Place / West Empire Avenue
- South Victory Boulevard / West Alameda Avenue
- Scott Road / Haven Way
- West Alameda Avenue / South Main Street
- West Olive Avenue / West Alameda Avenue
- North Hollywood Way / West Clark Avenue
- West Victory Boulevard / West Burbank Boulevard
- West Olive Avenue / North Victory Boulevard
Here are some key statistics that breakdown the demographics in the city of
- 36% Single Residents
- 55% Homeowners
- 39 Average Age
- $70,833 Median Household Income
- 48% College Educated
- Population: 103,695
- Ranking: 15th in Los Angeles County / 66th in California
- Zip Codes: 91501-91508, 91510, 91521-91523, 91526
- Area Codes: 747 / 818
- Land Area: 17.39 square miles
- Population Density: 6,018.61 per sq. mile
- Burbank’s motto is “A city built by People, Pride, and Progress.”
- The Hollywood Burbank Airport was where Lockheed’s Skunk Works was located, a venture responsible for producing some of the most secret and technologically advanced airplanes, among them the U-2 spy planes that uncovered the Soviet Union missile components in Cuba in 1962.
- The city was called “Beautiful Downtown Burbank” on Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In and The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson.
- The city was named after a dentist and entrepreneur from New Hampshire named David Burbank, who established a sheep ranch there in 1867.
- The city of Burbank is comprised of land that was originally absorbed by two Spanish and Mexican-era colonial land grants: Rancho San Rafael and Rancho Providencia.
- The art of filmmaking began in the Providencia Ranch area by Nestor Studios as early as 1911.
Fun Things To Do In Burbank, CA
Whether you’re just visiting or planning to settle in the city of Burbank, there is plenty of fun to go around. Here are some of the most popular attractions, landmarks, and locations the city has to offer tourists and residents!
- Burbank Aviation Museum
- Colony Theatre
- Columbia Ranch
- Flappers Comedy Club
- Gordon R. Howard Museum
- Griffith Park
- Helitours L.A.
- Johnny Carson Park
- Market City Caffe
- Martial Arts History Museum
- Orbic Air
- Sunnyday Scoot
- The Starlight Bowl
- Urban Press Winery
- The Palm Coffee Bar
- Warner Bros. Studio Tour Hollywood
- Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Blue Palms Brewhouse
- Burbank Public Library
- Burbank City Hall
Helping You Move To A Better Place: Burbank Style
Do you have any further questions about living in Burbank or investing in Burbank real estate. With decades of experience throughout Los Angeles County, the Fred Herrman Real Estate team can help you make a seamless transition to this bustling city full of entertainment. To start the journey for your dream Burbank home or property, contact Fred Herrman today at 310.343.3219.